Thursday, November 18, 2010

mind bending experience story core, story map

Story core:

Problem (tension) –I couldn’t bend the spoon
Transformation – I had to try a different approach than I used for bending the fork
Solution (resolution) – I visualized the end result and then let go of trying. The tip of the spoon folded over


Story Map:



The Platform
Once upon a time
Every day
I was frustrated looking for a safe, feminine expression of personal transformation that involved a physical technique. I noticed that personal development gurus were making waves by using dangerous physical techniques to help people with their transformation. Robert Allen helped people break boards that had their challenges written on them.  Tony Robbins had people walking on hot coals. T. Harv Ecker had people breaking arrows by pushing on them with the hollow of their necks.

Because of the physicality of those activities, people had to sign hold harmless waivers. I didn’t want my participants to take such a physical risk. I also didn’t want to get sued.

So, I started searching for a more feminine expression of personal transformation that involved a physical technique. I started to focus on receiving the answer to this dilemma. Nothing was coming to mind. So I stopped thinking about it.
The catalyst
But one day
Then, one day, a friend of mine told me she would be conducting a spoon bending party. 
The consequences
Because of that
I had heard about people bending spoons with their minds and was curious. So I decided to check it out.


As beginners we had to work our way up to bending with our minds. As a group, we created an energy vortex. We all believed we could focus our energy into heat. We believed that we could transfer that heat to a fork and make it hot enough to be reshaped with our hands.

Because of that
I successfully bent a fork and twisted it! I repeated it again 4 more times, even without the group energy.

Because of that
Then, I tried to bend the tip of a spoon. I couldn’t combine the heat of my hand and the force of my hand to bend the spoon the way I bent the fork.

I started to get frustrated…
The climax
Until finally
Finally, after an hour of trying the same approach and getting nowhere, I changed my attitude and my approach. I stopped trying to physically bend the spoon with my hand. It was time to start using some of my mind power in a different way. Instead of relying on brute force, I decided to visualize the end result I wanted -  the spoon tip bending over. I focused on that picture in my mind for about 15 minutes, and then started thinking about something else.

Suddenly, the tip of the spoon bent gave way under my thumb and bent over like a limp leaf! I yelled out loud, I was so happy!
The resolution
Ever since then
And the moral of the story is
Experiencing proof that we can focus our energy for real-time results is powerful! I found a tool that I can use to show people that they can manifest what they visualize.  By focusing on the result I wanted and then letting go, I not only bent a spoon, but I found the physical technique I was searching for!

No comments:

Post a Comment